I have a Business Account, can I use the Jira Integration?
No, the integration is only available to those with an Enterprise Account.
What does the Stormboard for Jira Integration do?
The Stormboard for Jira integration enables Stormboard to connect to your Jira instance, query projects for issues, and update issue data.
What does the integration involve?
There are two parts to the integration.
- Creating an Application Link – Allows Stormboard to create and update data in Jira.
- Connecting the Webhooks – Notifies Stormboard when issues are created, updated or deleted in Jira.
Can the integration work with both Jira on-premise and with Jira cloud?
Yes, the Stormboard for Jira integration supports both Jira on-premise and Jira cloud.
How is the Integration authenticated?
- The Application Link is authenticated using OAuth 1.0a over a secure SSL connection.
- The webhook is an outbound POST request to a Stormboard URL transmitted over SSL.
Is it an application level authentication or user level?
Both. The Application Link is authenticated with a Jira System Account while certain actions are authenticated by the user account.
The Jira System Account authentication is responsible for:
- Limiting Stormboard access to projects.
- Updating Jira issue data that has changed in Stormboard.
- Viewing issues added to Stormboard in the side-panel
Note: Only one Jira System account can be connected to Stormboard at this time.
The User authentication is responsible for:
- Limiting a users’ access to only the projects they are authorized to view in Jira (and that the Jira System Account authorizes.)
- Enabling the user to create issues in Jira from Stormboard.
How does the System Account authenticate?
This is a part of the setup procedure. This is a one-time process.
How do users authenticate to Jira?
A dialog in Stormboard opens the Jira authentication window and the user authenticates with their Jira credentials. Each user should only need to authenticate once.
What issue data can be updated?
The following fields on issues can be updated by Stormboard:
- Story points
- Sprint Section
What issue data can be created?
Issues can be created from Stormboard using the users authentication. New issues created in Jira from a sticky note in Stormboard contain the following fields:
- Issue title
- Issue type – options pulled from Jira by the System Account for that project.
- Issue description
- Issue priority – options pulled from Jira by the System Account for that project.
- Custom required fields – pulled from Jira by the System Account for that project and issue type.
What issue data can be deleted?
Stormboard does not delete any issues in Jira.
How do I install the Stormboard for Jira Integration?
Everything that you need to know to install the integration can be found here.