Automatically assign Rally work items to an iteration with Stormboard's integrated section types.
A Rally integrated iteration section is one of many section types that can be selected for your template. Rally integrated Iteration sections can be used to automatically assign work items from a Rally backlog to an iteration on a selected Rally project.
Select iteration enabled templates from our Template Gallery under the PI Planning Category or create your own starting from a Standard Section type.
Note: Before starting the installation make sure you have the following:
An active Stormboard Enterprise Account
An active Rally connection on Stormboard
Contact us if you need assistance getting started
To add an Iteration section to a Storm:
Start with a template that has at least one blank standard section.
For example, the ‘Iteration Plan’ template from our Template Gallery that has sections for your backlog and four iterations.
Click the Edit icon in the top right corner of the section you’d like to convert to an Iteration section type.
3. Click Edit Section in the menu that appears.
4. In the next menu that appears, select the Integration tab.
5. The Integration tab has five options to select:
Connection: Select the Rally connection that links to Rally instance you’d like to integrate.
Connect To: Select Iteration
Workspace: Select the Rally workspace that contains the project you'd like to work with
Project: Select the Rally project from the above Workspace
Iteration: Select the Iteration in the project you want your work items to be applied to
6. Click Save Changes
Work items you drag and drop from the backlog into the Iteration section will be assigned to the Iteration you selected in the options above in Rally.
Adjust the Capacity of a Iteration
Iteration sections can also track the capacity of the Iteration by indicating when the assigned issues exceed a selected number of Estimated Points.
To track the capacity of an Iteration section:
1. Click the Edit icon in the top right corner of the section.
2. Click Edit Section in the menu that appears.
3. In the next menu that appears, select the Type tab.
4. Check the boxes to the left of Counting and Capacity.
5. In the Count drop-down, select Story Points.
6. In the text field below the Count drop-down, enter the maximum number of Story Points allowed for this Iteration.
7. In the colour drop-down next to the text field, select the color you’d like the section to change to when you exceed its capacity.
8. Click Save Changes.
The capacity of the Iteration will be displayed in the top right corner of the section, along with total number of Estimated Points among the issues the section contains. If the total number of issues is higher than the section's capacity, it will change to the colour selected above.