Embed a Storm during your Microsoft Teams call and contribute to the Storm seamlessly with other contributors in real-time.
Note: This feature is only available in the Microsoft Teams App and not when running Microsoft Teams from a web browser.
Also, the call recording feature is unavailable when a Storm is embedded in the Teams Meeting. This is a limitation of Microsoft Teams, not Stormboard. Microsoft is currently working on supporting this feature.
There are two ways to embed a Storm into a Microsoft Teams meeting:
Embed the Storm during a scheduled Teams meeting.
Embed the Storm prior to the Teams meeting.
OPTION ONE: Embed Storm during a scheduled Teams meeting.
1. While in a scheduled Microsoft Teams meeting, select the Apps tab on the top right of your screen.
2. On the Find an app tab, search for the Stormboard App.
3. Login to your Stormboard account by clicking Login.
4. On the pop-up menu, enter your Stormboard account credentials and click Login.
5. Click Allow Access.
6. Once logged in, you can either create a Storm or search for an existing Storm you would like to embed in the Teams meeting.
7. Next, select the access level you would like the call participants to join with:
8. Now, you will find the Storm added as a new tab on the top corner of the call options.
9. Click on the Share option to share the Storm in the Teams call.
10. Your Storm is now available on Microsoft Teams call for everyone to collaborate the same way you would in a web browser.
OPTION TWO: Embed Storm prior to Teams meeting.
1. Open Microsoft Teams App and create a meeting in your Microsoft Teams Calendar.
2. On the Meeting, click on Edit.
3. Click on the plus sign to add a tab and click on Stormboard.
4. Login to your Stormboard account and choose the storm you would like to share.
5. Select the level of access.
6. The Storm has now been added to the Teams meeting. When you meeting starts, the Storm will already be available to share with participants.