A Stormboard Template Guide is a feature that gives you step-by-step instructions on how to use your templates, and inspiration to help make your meetings and collaborations more engaging and efficient.
How do you know if your template has a Guide?
If your template has a guide, you will see an “i” icon in the top right-hand corner of each section of your template, and a Guide button in the menu at the top right-hand side of your screen.
You will also notice that you have limited editing capabilities when the guide is active.
How does the Template Guide work?
1. To open the guide click the “Guide” button at the top of your Storm. A panel will open giving you a brief overview. You can choose to not see this introduction again if you like.
2. Click the “Got It!” button to move to the next screen.
3. You will now see the title of each section of the Guide in the panel.
4. When you click on a section in the Guide, your Storm will zoom in on the corresponding section. Follow the instructions, which will walk you through the process.
5. Use the cards as inspiration or prompts to move your meeting forward. You can switch to a different card by clicking on it.
Note: While the Guide is active, you are limited to the changes you can make to the template. If you remove the Guide, you will be able to split, merge, and edit sections as if it were a regular Template. Note that if the Guide is removed, it cannot be added back.
Can you remove the Template Guide?
Yes, but once it is removed, you will not be able to replace it. In order to get the Guide back for that particular process you will have to select the template again from the template library.
Can you change or customize the Guide?
Contact us if you have any changes or additions to a Guide. firstname.lastname@example.org
Can you create a guide for your own template or for a template that doesn’t have one yet?
Guides can be built for any template, or for your company’s specific business process, and can be customized with your company language and branding to ensure that your whole team knows how the process works and can be active contributors.
If you have a template or process that you’d like to have a guide built for contact us. email@example.com