Shape type sections allow you to visually organize your information in different ways. You can use our these shapes by accessing our template gallery.
Each of Stormboard’s built-in section shapes work with our custom smart reporting, which means that when you run a report, it will know exactly where in the shape your notes are located.
There are six types of shapes:
- Circles (used in various ways, e.g. a pie chart)
- Concentric Circles (Visualize a group of data within a group of data.)
- Fishbone (Identify the causes of a problem)
- Funnel - (Move ideas through a process)
- Venn diagram - (Categorize your ideas and find their similarities and differences)
- Bullseye Diagram - (Determine how close to your objectives your notes are)
For Business and Enterprise subscribers you can add any of these diagrams to any section by changing a section type in your Storm. If you are on a trial or Personal Plan and would like to upgrade to a paid account, visit our pricing page.
To change the section type:
1. Click the pencil icon in the top right corner of the section you would like to edit.
2. A menu will pop-up. Click the tab labeled Type.
3. Select Shape in the Section Type drop-down.
4. Select the shape you want to use in the Shape drop-down.
5. Edit the customizable options to get the shape you want.
6. Click Save
Note: If you want a custom shape or template built let us know here:
Request a template