If you use Slack to regularly communicate with your team, you can now integrate Stormboard into your chats, making your workflow even more efficient.
The notifications you will receive can be customized and include:
- If a new idea is added to a Storm
- When an idea is changed or moved
- Any comments or replies on your sticky notes
- If you are mentioned in an idea or comment
- When you are invited to a Storm
- When a task is assigned or completed
- If someone joins a Storm that you created
You will also be able to add ideas, create new Storms, and ask for help all from Slack.
You can also use "/addstorm" in any channel which will invite everyone in that channel to join your new Storm — no need to send invites separately!
To add the Stormboard-bot to Slack, click on the "Slack" button located in the integrations section of your "My Account" page.
You can also add the bot while in Slack by searching for the Stormboard App by clicking the "+" button located next to the Apps title at the bottom of your screen.
Once you have connected Stormboard and Slack, the "Stormboard-bot" will appear under "Apps" in Slack. All of your notifications will be found here.
/addidea allows you to add an idea.
e.g.: /addidea this great idea
Slack will then prompt you for which storm to add the idea to. Select a storm and that idea will instantly be added to that storm.
/setstorm allows you set a storm that ideas will automatically get added to so you don't have to select it each time.
e.g. : /setstorm Marketing
will set the marketing storm as the default storm for ideas for the next hour.
/addstorm allows you to instantly create a storm.
e.g.: /addstorm New Storm Name
If you have multiple teams, Slack will ask you which team to add the storm to, otherwise it will create that storm instantly and put an invite link to that storm in the current channel.
How to Turn Notifications On or Off
- Login to your Stormboard account.
- Click on your avatar in the top right corner of your screen.
- Select My Account.
- Click on Notifications in the menu on the left-hand side.
- Add a checkmark beside the notifications that you would like to be turned on.